CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Thankful Thursday Design Team Post--Father's Day!


It's Almost Father's Day and It's Thankful Thursday!
Here is the current project for the Design Team and this time my 7 and 3/4 year old daughter took over my blog and create the project!  The challenge this week was to  create something for Father's Day!  Here is her project with her detailed instructions:

The way you do this is you take a large piece of cardstock in any color of your choice (I used red because my dad always wears red shirts!)  First, fold your paper so that each side meets in the middle, where the tie goes.  I added black, brown and white stripes so it looks just like a shirt Dad wears to work.  The tie is pure brown (my Dad doesn't wear striped or dotted ties...most of the time!)  I made the the tie by creating a "v" shape at the bottom and then at the top I made a top of a vase shape.  I made the collar of the shirt by folding down two small triangles and then I glued the tie to one side of the paper.  I had to glue the tie to just one side of the paper so that my card would open from underneath the tie! 
\
Inside, I made an acrostic poem using the word "Father."  When I glued the poem into the card I was careful to leave the top white border showing, so it looks like a white undershirt.  The poem says:
F:  Favorite Dad
A:  Awesome Dad
T:  Terrific Work Dad
H: Having fun with you is great
E:  Exciting forever
R:  Right away you wake me up in the morning you wake me up so I am not late for school.  Thank you!
Love,
Maddie

Thanks for looking and I (Maddie will too!) love comments!
We have an awesome prize this month, it's a Post-it prize pack!! Don't forget to head over to Crazy About Cricut at http://crazyaboutcricut.blogspot.com%20and/  and enter your family project and maybe win the great prize pack!


3 comments:

  1. Totally ADORABLE!!!! I just love the handwriting inside!! Definitely something to look back on in 20 years!!

    Hugs,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dad will love it. Something to cherish, so much nicer than a store bought card.

    Smiles Sher
    ShersL84bed@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. so very cute I made a book mark just like this
    Anita abbraddock@msn.com

    ReplyDelete