CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Thankful Thursday Design Team Post--Movies!


Movie theme???  Hmmm...I had a great idea for this project a couple of weeks ago and then it left me.  I thought, and thought, and thought...and then remembered the photos of my daughter taking part in a Dr. Seuss musical at school!  Ah-ha!  Inspiration struck! 
Here is the current project for the Design Team and love how this layout turned out! 
"Seussical the Musical"
March 2011
My daughter's class worked with their fabulous music teacher and these 2nd graders put on a great musical based on all of Dr. Seuss's books.  It was hysterical!  The songs were about his books and each child had a set of tongue-twister lines that helped the story line flow.  It was fabulous to watch the kids perform!


This layout really evolved and took two days for me to get "flushed" out.  This isn't my normal style as I normally just get it done...I even fell asleep last night thinking about how the layout should look.  The great news, I LOVE THIS LAYOUT!  :)  I cut one piece of Color Mates (light autumn red) cardstock  into four, three inch pieces.  I inked the edges with black ink for added definition.  I then cut "Suessical the Musical" from Opposites Attract.  I used scrap papers for all the other cuts, so I have no idea manufacturers!  (Love using up my scraps!)  I then cut out fish (Red Fish, Blue Fish) from An Ocean of Words.  I used a black pen to add stitching detail and fins to the fish.  A couple of googly eyes completed the look!
Then I added two green eggs (Green Eggs and Ham) from Smiley Cards and inked their edges as well.  I used the Peachy Keen stamp set and black ink to stamp the cute faces.  I used foam tape to pop one up a little bit for some dimension.

My favorite embellishment is this Cat in the Hat with his stack of books.  Do you remember him balancing everything????  Well, I thought it would be cute to balance a stack of books and then a photo on top!  I LOVE how this turned out.  I cut the books from Locker Talk and cut the shadow (black) and then the books twice (once in green and once in blue).  I had to hand piece the blue books on top of the green, but it was worth it!  I even added more foam tape for added dimension.  I then cut the "pages" out of textured white cardstock.  I thought it might look more like a stack of pages this way.  I then found a clip art image of The Cat in the Hat online (a coloring page!) and fussy cut him out.  I trimmed off the rest of the page as all I wanted was him and his hand to hold the stack of books.  I colored him with colored pencils and then popped him up with foam tape as well.  I even tucked part of his glove behind and then in front of the books to look like he is really holding them!  Lastly, I drew wavy lines to write my journaling on; once the journaling was dry, I carefully erased the pencil marks.

Thanks for looking and I love comments!
We have an awesome prize this month, it's a Post-it prize pack!! Don't forget to head over to Crazy About Cricut at http://crazyaboutcricut.blogspot.com  and enter your family's project!


  

3 comments:

  1. I TOTALLY love your LO!! The lil egss and The Cat in the hat.. GREAT touches!!

    Hugs,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen - this is FREAKING AMAZING!!! I love it - what a great idea - I LOVE the stripes that are scanning the page! How cute are those little faces on our eggs too! Beautiful
    Hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!! I am not a scrapbooker but I can see how much effort went into this layout!

    TFS, Cheryl @ CardsbyCG.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete