CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Thankful Thursday Design Team Post--Red, White and Blue!

Welcome to Thankful Thursday's  Red, White and Blue Design Team Posts!  

One would expect a 4th of July layout or craft, right????  Well, I'm thinking outside the box, once again, and I scrapped a set of pictures from our visit to see Santa.  (Yes, we're celebrating Christmas in July on my blog, or so it seems!)

Here's my completed 2 page, 12x12 layout!

I used a great patterned paper (maker/name unknown!) that is silvery blue with white swirls and red, white and blue dots.  
I matted a border of photos in silvery blue and then matted again with just a thin strip of red showing on the right (for the left border)!  I then matted the professional Santa picture with a wide red and skinny blue mat.  I cut the "Santa" title using Opposites Attract.  It's my newest Cricut Cartridge and I love it!  I added a few crystals to the title for a little sparkle.

I then created a photo block for the right hand page and matted the photos onto a large piece of silvery blue.  I then double matted in red.  I used Queen & Co's Shaped Bling Swirl Red Heart to add a little something to the photo block. I then used little crystals in red and clear to stick on top of every red and clear dot on the background paper.  I purchased these crystals in the Dollar Bin at Michael's and I love them because they already have adhesive on them!

In the end,  a fun red, white and blue layout showing that you can "break the rules" and still follow them at the same time!  Hee  hee! 

Thanks for looking and I love comments!
We have an awesome prize this month, it's a Post-it prize pack!! Don't forget to head over to Crazy About Cricut at http://crazyaboutcricut.blogspot.com%20and/  and enter your family red, white and blue project and maybe win the great prize pack!


No comments:

Post a Comment