CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Past Christmas layouts (Is That Like Ghosts of Christmas' Past?)

I know, I'm behind!  But I'm catching up a little more each week!
Here's what I completed over the last few weeks!  I am really happy with some of them, and just so-so about others!
"Santa's Visit" December 2007                               I love this layout! :)  I matted all my photos on white carstock and trimmed a very skinny white mat.  I used two red, solid pieces of cardstock for the background and then used to vintage flower print papers to play off the color scheme without being too "Christmassy."  I then ran three types of ribbon down the right hand side of each page.  A thin red, "Happy Holidays" ribbon, a coordinating red ribbon with white flowers and then a fun leafy fiber.  (No manufacturer's known.)  I then cut a Christmas tree with my Cricut Expression from a dark green and used a black shadow.  Where the Cricut cut little "detail" lines, I popped them up with popdots to give the tree dimension, like branches.  I then took a gold pen and highlighted those "cut" marks to add a little detail.  I cut out a "Santa's Visit" with the Cricut also. Not my normal style, but love it!

"Zoo Lights" Dec. 2007
A quick and easy layout!  Two pieces of patterned paper, green background with small blue dots (SEI's Penelope's Potpourri Delightful Dots) and white cardstock.  The paper is reversible, so the blue with green dots under the title is just another piece of the same paper, just turned over!  The ribbon says Happy Holidays on white and it is from Michael's (I think) and was Santa's Workbench ribbon.  I ran the ribbon down and across on my collage page to add some visual interest.  I then added two cardstock stickers with green highlights to the pages.  One at the intersection of the ribbon and another above my title block.  (Stickers are Creative Imaginations Studio Basics 101, Jolly Elements).  I used the Cricut to cut the title and I was done!  A quick little layout!


"McCalley Clan" Dec. 2007                                   I love this REALLY simple layout!  I used two solid pieces of bright blue cardstock and then used some scraps of pattened paper to put on the far left top and to the side of each center picture.  I then used the Hannah Montana Cricut cartridge to cut out the title in two different fonts.  (The capital letters are one font, Rocker Girl? and the rest is a different font).  I cut it out of a basic cream cardstock.

"Sensitive Butterfly Habitat" Dec. 2007           Yuck.  Don't like this, but wanted to highlight the picture of my kids and their Nana looking at Monarch Butterflies. 
 Posed Christmas Photos Dec. 2007
Another quick and easy layout!  (See how I'm getting caught up???)  A solid black cardstock background, with Dark Autumn Color Mates cardstock to mat the photos with. The three ornaments were purchased on a single sheet of 12x12 cardstock that turned out to be stickers.  I got a great deal on it and now I know why!  None of the ornaments were cut, rather when you went to peel, the whole page came up as one, so I had to hand cut each ornament.  (Paper Elements Tinsel Town Stickers).  I used gold fiber to hang the ornaments from.



"Merry Christmas" 2007
The background cardstock is Tinsel town Bling and Mistletoe (2 different ones) from The Paper Element.  I added a strip of brown "cardboard" color to the left side and hand cut black photo corners for the large center group of photos.  I used the Cricut to cut the title, "Merry Christmas" using the Simply Sweet cartridge. I cut it from Color Master's Dark Berry Red and then added a black shadow.

Christmas Continued....Same as above!  Paper Elements Tinsel Town paper Cookie Cutter and Sugar Plum.  Brown cardstock accents.  What I should have done?  Matted the photos on black.  They get lost in the busyness of paper and photos.  Oh well!



"Surprise!" Jan. 2008
Quick background...my parents were out of town and not scheduled to be back for Christmas this year.  My brother and I got together with the rest of the family and guess who walks in???  My parents came all the way from Arizona to surprise us all! 
Background paper is a wonderful olive green and some photos were matted with yellow.  The rest of the photos were matted with Dark Berry Red from Papermates and all the corners were rounded.  The sled accent is hand cut out, from an ancient set of accents that were not cut out!  The Christmas Tree tag was snagged off of a present and red ribbon was added to the top.  I used the Cricut to cut the title "Surprise!" using Simply Sweet's "stitched" font.

"I (Heart) U"  Dec. 2007
I LOVE THIS PHOTO!  My two kids just spontaneously hugged and I happened to catch it on camera!  The paper is wonderful and comes double sided just as you see (minus the title).  I can't find who makes it!  I matted the one photo in a vintage dark pink/light red to match the accents on the paper.  Then I used the cricut to cut "I (Heart) U" out of the same red paper...BUT I wanted more!  I used my glitter from Michael's (tiny little tubs in the dollar bin!  Great deal!)  and glittered the title with a dark pink.  I love it!





No comments:

Post a Comment