CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, December 31, 2010

Sauvie's Island July 2008

Sitting here on a freezing cold day (literally it's 34 degrees as a high today in Portland!) I thought I would scrapbook some warm, sunny pictures!  I found a layout design on the Cricut message boards, and loved the circles and graphic nature of it! Plus, what an easy way to get a layout done!  The design was a 1 pager, and I almost always do two page layouts, so I just added the left page with the two circles to compliment the design on the right.  (The right page is nearly what the sketch showed, minus the title!)

Here is the layout as the two page spread.  I used some old patterned paper (maker unknown!) and then  slate blue, navy blue and bright orange cardstock.  I used my gypsy to size the blue circles just a tad smaller than 6x6, so I could cut out 2 on each 12x6 piece of paper. (George Cartridge for the smaller circles.)  I then used the Sports Mania cartridge and cut out the large orange accent circle.  I liked the way it had little lines out of it for adding interest.  This circle is about 7.8" in diameter.  I based all the color choices upon the title "Fun in the Sun" which I had in my stash.  (Embossible Designs by We R Memory Keepers "Fun in the Sun").  I added a few orange paper flowers and then put small glass pebbles in their centers to carry the water theme farther.  I adhered the flowers and glass pebbles with glue dots! 



By the way, we have a new puppy in our house!  Here's a picture of Dexter at 9 weeks old.  He is a black Goldendoodle.  (Yippee, no shedding!)
Dexter--9 wks. old

No comments:

Post a Comment