CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 12, 2010

building with LOVE!

"Building With LOVE!"
Photos from December 2007, Scrapped July 12, 2010
I created this layout by scraplifting the idea of the 4x4 photos, the house and the three shades of cardstock.  I made it my own (and satisfied a CK Summer Camp merit badge) by adding the circle pennant across the top.  I trimmed all my photos to 4x4 inches, and then narrowed a few of them down even more.  I mounted the photos on white carstock (Scrappin' Creations Power Pad CWP008) and then layered a red and white striped paper underneath (Same pad of paper).  I wanted a Christmas feel with candy cane stripes! :)  I then rounded the upper right and lower left corner of the large mat.  I adhered these large blocks to the solid red cardstock (also same pad of paper).  I then took some left over gold paper scraps that my friend left (Thanks Toni!)  and hand cut a gingerbread house.  I hand cut windows, door and snow for a homemade feel.  I then used my new CRICKET EXPRESSION! to cut out the tags (Simply Sweet 2" and shadow).  I mounted the tags on white dot fibers (unknown origin) and tried to make them look like they were hanging, which is a lot harder than it seems when you are using two different pages!  I added the title across the pennant and on the bottom journaling block using black letter stickers (Deluxe Designs--Emily's Own). 

Part of this layout was created to earn my CK Summer Merit Badge on Flag Etiquette.  (I also earned my Orienteering badge for learning to navigate the CK website).

3 comments:

  1. Why is it leaving white boxes to the left of all my pictures???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Jen!! This is a great layout. Love the little banner at the top!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's weird Jen - I'm not sure why that's doing that. Are you posting it like a pic??

    ReplyDelete