CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thursday Scrapbooking Day

Some friends and I have declared Thursday "scrapbooking day" and today was our first session!  We had so much fun!  One of my friends brought her new Cricket Expressions and WOW! what that machine can do!  I love that it prints 12x12.  I have a Silhouette....8 1/2 x 11.... :(  There may be a change coming for me.
Here's what I got done today!
"My Little Monsters"
I love this layout!  October 2007--Moxley Family Halloween Party
This was a simple layout as I wanted to showcase the picture of my two kids.  I matted a 4x6 picture on black cardstock and then adhered it to a 12x12 Halloween paper (unknown manufacturer).   I used these adorable Halloween letter stickers (Creative Imaginations Marah Johnson Letter Stickers)

to make the title.

"Come As Your Aren't...EEEEEKKKK!"
Same Moxley Halloween Party with these adorable "monster" fake nose and eyebrow glasses.
I used a 12x12 Halloween paper (patterned) from an unknown source.  I matted each photo in orange and black plaid paper (Karen Foster design).  I then made a small white tag, matted in black paper.  The stickers on the tag say "Come As You Aren't" and "EEEEEEEEEKKKKK!"  (Both are from Scrapbook Mania "Halloween").  The orange block on the bottom says "Happy Haunting" and is from Pebbles Inc. SnipIt's Tag's Halloween.  I threaded a 1.5 inch wide ribbon through a hole punched in the top and added two small candy corns to the orange block.  Then I added one more candy corn block to the bottom right with three little candy corn stickers (Sandylion Essentials) to a square of black cardstock.  I felt these two additions (tag and candy corn block) balanced the candy corn printed on the page on the other side.  I also design in three's and five's!
"Moxley Party"
What do you do when you have a lot of pictures from one event?  What do you do when you have a large patterned paper with one large image?  Combine them!  That's what I did.  I have had this Haunted House paper (manufacturer unknown) for years and have never used it because I could never fit the pictures.  Today I had the great idea to cut out the windows of the haunted house to make holes where I could place the pictures behind.  To cut the windows out I used very sharp, small scissors to poke a hole in the middle of the window and then cut to the edges, removing the paper within the window.  I then used adhesive to stick the photos behind the page.  I used a white pen (Creativity For Kids) to title the page within the semi-circle window panes.

"Teddy"
Teddy is my daughter's guinea pig.  She loves this guinea pig and takes great care of him!  I made this layout from pictures of the first day we got him.  The background paper is a solid green and each picture is mounted on cream cardstock.  The large guinea pig is cut from my friend's Cricket Expression using the "Critter's" cartridge. It's actually a hedgehog that I altered by cutting off the pointy nose.  I think it's adorable!  I inked the tan pieces with amaretto ink and put pop dots behind his ears.  I put rick-rack down the left hand side (brown rick rack with green dots).  I used a cream mat for the title (EK Success alphabet stickers recipe box/bright) and then wrote the journaling below.  I wanted to tie all the colors together with the title stickers! 

1 comment:

  1. YAY Jen - I'm so happy you started your blog - and SO adorable. My favorite is the Haunted House - what a great idea!!! Can't wait to see more!!!

    ReplyDelete