CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 17, 2010

More layouts completed earlier!

"Shhhhh!"  2007
This is one of my favorite layouts that I have done in a while.  It is about my parents surprise "Retirement/Bon Voyage" Party that my brother and I threw for them.  I used solid yellow cardstock for the background and then tore a piece of road sign cardstock.  I mounted about 3-4" of it on the two far outside edges of the background cardstock.  I then put the posed group photos down the left side of page 2 and then a great photo of my mom hugging one of her best friends.  I then mounted the invitation in the center of page one and cut out a photo of the "retired" sign to go below.  I then used my 2" square punch and punched out the people from a bunch of photos that were taken. I was able to get 16 photos on this layout!  I made sure to record who was in each picture!

"A Boy and his Bike" 2007
 I rarely do 1 page layouts but I have a few of these in a row all of the sudden.  I love the gears on this page!  I cut 3 gears and a bike with my silhouette digital cutter from grey cardstock. I then trimmed the photos to fit behind the gears.  I didn't have enough of the circle letters to do the entire title, so I mixed my handwriting with black and the circle letter tiles!  The background is a vintage, distressed green. 









"If you PLANT it..."  2007 
My husband is a fantastic gardener and I rarely showcase his talents! One of use took these great photos of our front yard in Aloha.  I love all the plants!  I used purple for the background cardstock and then matted all the photos in black.  I then wrote around the edges of the photos the types of plants that are in the pictures.  I combined my handwriting with a flower vellum where I cut out the word PLANT for the title.  I like how my journaling finishes off the phrase from the title  (...it will grow.  Especially if your name is Matt!).  I think combining the title and the journaling makes a great flow!



"Seattle Mariners"  July 2007
This was quick and easy layout for a few photos I had of a Mariners game we had gone to.  I used a dark green background cardstock and matted the photos in a dark grey.  I put the two top photos at angles and then made a contrasting photo border across the bottom.  (I just trimmed the pictures so that all three would fit without losing anything important!)  I then used a couple of 3-D Mariner banners that I purchased in Seattle.  (They might have been Jollee's brand). 




"Giggles" Fall 2007
I love this layout!  The paper is wild and crazy, just like my daughter!  I was meant to go the other direction, as in the green stripe across the bottom, but I didn't like it that way! :)  Instead, I rotated the patterned paper to have the large green stripe down each outer side.  I then just plopped my photos on.  (Yes, all the mats were preprinted on the paper!)  I used an exacto knife to cut the orange and green photo corner so I could slide the photo underneath.  I then added the word "Giggle" and the three little hand drawn pictures to the upper corner.  Another quick and easy layout!  I love the photos in this one!

Downtown, Fall 2007
It was one of this perfect fall days; clear, crisp and sunny!  I used fall leaf patterned paper as the background and then matted all the photos on light yellow. I then journaled leaving extra space between each line so I could cut each line into its own segment and line them up in the upper right hand corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment