CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Past Scrapbooking Pages

I ran out of page protectors a while ago and had been piling up some finished layouts.  Luckily I found a 50% off coupon from Michael's and grabbed some page protectors.  Here are photos of the layouts I was adding to my album.  They are from late 2007.  (Yes, I am behind!)
These pictures are really old, but somehow I just stumbled upon them in the last 6 months.  I used an orange patterned paper with cream mats.  (Austin's favorite color is orange.)  I had a chipboard title "Wild Child" and a chipboard tag.  I tied cream tulle type ribbon through both for an added accent.  Pretty simple and quick!









Here is another set of pictures I found way after they happened.  (Yes, that's Maddie in a snuggie pack, so that was a LONG time ago!)  I used fall leaf patterned paper and mounted all the photos on a light sky blue.  I had a Halloween/Pumpkin patch set of cardstock that included the title, the two square pumpkin blocks and the pumpkin tag on page 2.  I just added a brad to the top of the tag and was done!  I love the tags that look 3-d!

Ok, back to 2007!  Austin was in First Grade and told us the night before that he was a lead in the play at school.  ("Little Red Hen!")  I used bright blue cardstock as background with green cardstock for matting and journaling.  The "First Grade" title, school house, ruler and apple are from LONG ago and were the cut out type.  (No manufacturer listed).  The letters are great school handwriting font and are stickers.  How much easier could that
be???


Not my favorite layout.  I couldn't find any train accents and I didn't have my Cricut yet.  The left page is white cardstock with an 8x11 velum overlay.  It is preprinted with a border and saying.  The picture hole was precut already!  I colored the border with colored pencils and adhered the velum to the white cardstock underneath the border so the adhesive wouldn't show.  I mounted the rest of the pictures on a khaki cardstock and then punched 2" squares with my 2" punch.  I then used up the last of some train stickers I had and made a line of accents across the middle of the page. 

I completed this layout for the CK summer camp and the Fire Etiquette badge.  We had to emboss something.  I hadn't done that in years!  I used two pieces of a slightly patterned, vintage light blue paper.  I used the cricut and cut two borders of stars and the frame to put the title in.  I embossed the title frame with clear embossing powder to give it some shine!  I liked the "shine" motif, so I added two flourishes with flat "crystals."  I then carried the fluid movement of the flourishes and journaled in the same wavy manner.  I accented the word JOY in my journaling with two little crystals.  The title is actually a photo that I cut out that says "Winter Wonderland" in Christmas lights.  These photos were taken at CalCom in Bakersfield, CA. December of 2007.

No comments:

Post a Comment