CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Layouts Galore!

"Lost Lake" Fall 2007
We were invited on a hike with a family from church around Lost Lake.  It was the perfect fall weekend!  The background cardstock is khaki (unknown).  The photo blocks are matted on black.  I then took fall stickers and applied them to different layers of cardstock to make squares for the top border.  I added some vellum fall leaf stickers to complete the top border.  I hand cut a khaki tag and journaled on it, and then tied a natural fiber collection to the top.  I added a few more fall leaves to balance out the page.

"Apple Orchard" Fall 2007
After hiking around Lost Lake (above), we stopped at the apple orchard.  Unfortunately I finished this layout BEFORE I started recording papers, etc.  The papers have all those colors preprinted on them.  I just added the photos as they are except for the one with a torn yellow mat.  (Everything else but the tags were printed on the paper!)  I used photos of the apples and my tag maker to make the round apple tags.  I put some natural colored fibers at the top.

"Finally Retired" Fall 2007.  My Dad retired from First American Title after MANY years.  These are pictures from his family retirement dinner.  I used pinstriped paper to mimic a trendy dress shirt and then matted everything in light blue.  I cut out the title "Finally Retired," the arrow and "Time to Hit the Road" with my Silhouette die cut machine.  I pointed the arrow at my Dad to reinforce who was retiring.



"1st Grade" September 2007.  My son Austin started first grade this year (2007) and I wanted to showcase some of his work.  The nice thing about being so behind is you have all the stuff from the year to choose from! :)  The 1st grade paper is printed as is, with a white bottom where I adhered the class picture.  I then used a green "school themed" paper and mounted work, name tags and an award to it.  Very easy, but cute!

"Pump It Up Fun!" Nov. 2007
I used striped background cardstock and yellow and blue cardstock.  I grouped the photos and matted them in blue.  But when I cut them out, I tried to cut them in the shape of a bouncy house (left) and the slide (right).  I used the yellow paper for accents to the bouncy stuff.  I used blue letter stickers for the title "Pump It Up Fun" and "Whee."


"The Great Pumpkin Search" October 2007
I had only one piece of this great Halloween paper with black glitter owls on it (Martha Stewart?).  I cut it in half and then added black to the outside edges, to make two full 12x12 pages.  I ran a "film strip" of photos down each side and then matted photos on black for the middle.  I used black letter stickers for the title through the middle and the date at the bottom.

Halloween Trick Or Treating 2007
Once again, I had some old Halloween paper that I had never used so I decided to use it up!  (I was on a kick of using things up!)  I matted both kids individual costume pictures on yellow cardstock and placed them on the left page above the preprinted costume border.  I then matted three pictures on yellow and placed them diagonally down the right hand page.  I cut two yellow tags and journaled on each one.  The pirate themed tag represented all the stuff about my son's Pirate Halloween costume.  (Pirate stickers from Jollee's, I think).  I then did the same thing for my daughter (the bumblebee) and then die cut a bumblebee with my Silhouette die cutter.  I added fuzzy black fibers to the top of each tag.  I love this page, although it's really busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment