CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 10, 2011

Scamp! LID layout

The Cricut message boards have a great weekly challenge where someone posts a LID sketch (Laying It Down) and challenges other members to use it with their pictures!  I loved this weeks LID sketch and found a way to use it with the next set of pictures I needed to scrapbook.  The LID sketch called for flowers on the corners of some photos, instead I used small images from the cricut to match my theme and show what the kids did while we scrapbooked!  (The tent, bucket and swimsuit were to have been flowers!)

The two page spread features 8 photos!  I love layouts with lots of photos because I always take tons of pictures!

I used two pieces of patterned paper (unknown), a strip of brown scrap and two minty green colored papers.  I cut the brown paper to 4x12 and adhered it to a piece of patterned paper.  I then cut the minty green paper at 6x8 to fill the space to the left of the brown strip.  I then cut a 6" diameter bright blue circle for the title to go on.  I used the Campout cartridge and cut the sign and the tent. I created a shadow for both on black paper.

I continued the minty green paper on this side, cutting a piece 8x12.  I adhered it to the other patterned paper piece and then used EveryDay Paper Dolls to cut the bucket and swimsuit.  I used the same cream that the sign was in to create my journaling block and then matted the block in the same blue as the title circle. 

(Scamp is a 5 day camp out on our private land where 3 moms, 8 kids and 3 dogs go!  The kids play and play, and play while the Moms scrapbook!  The Dads then come up over the weekend!)

1 comment: