CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 15, 2011

WOOD You Be Mine?

I scraplifted this card from the latest Papercrafts Magazine because I thought it was so cute and easy to do!  I made it for my husband for Valentine's Day and thought it was cute, but still masculine enough for him!

The Papercrafts Magazine card showed the actual wood "paper" that they have now, that's like balsa wood and a wood grained.  I didn't have any of that laying around, but I have had this "firewood" paper laying around for years.  It was the perfect compliment to the phrasing "WOOD You Be Mine?"  I cut a rectangle block from the firewood paper and then wrapped the red thread around it and tied a cute bow.  I also double punched a red heart with my 2" heart punch.  The first one adhered to the firewood paper and then I used pop dots to pop the second heart up directly on top of it.  I love the added dimension it gave the card.

The worst part was the little tiny sticker letters.  They are brown and match the coloring perfectly, but they were a PAIN to remove from the sticker backing and they ripped, etc.  I used tweezers in the end and spent double the amount of time on the letters than I did the rest of the card. 

No comments:

Post a Comment