CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

First day of Kindergarten, part 2


First Day of Kindergarten at our Local Elementary School
2008

Using another set of Kindergarten background papers, I was able to quickly complete this layout.  The pages were reversible, so I used on of each side so it wouldn't be sooooo busy!  

On the left hand page I double matted my central (and favorite!) photo of my daughter in white and blue.  I then used a coordinating red to mat the Quick Quotes quote and the Errol Hassel sticker.  (This is the school my daughter attended for Kindergarten.)

I punched a hole in the top of the vellum Quick Quote and the red mat and then I strung green and yellow fibers through the top.  By using the hole punch, I was able to anchor my vellum Quick Quote to the mat without adhesive showing!  The yellow and green fibers added a "bookmark" feel to it and make it really playful.  (I love the sweet sentiment in this poem and knew it would be perfect for this page!)
The right hand page was lots of fun too!  I matted the photos in coordinating colors of blue, green and red.    I used up a silver metal frame with an A+ on it and a small metal tag featuring an apple.  I adhered both with pop dots.  I added matching green and yellow fibers to the metal tag.  I was careful about the placement of the photos so the collage paper of the background showed through nicely.  The "Kindergarten" in the lower right and the "playtime" on the left are both part of the background paper and not added separately.  

No comments:

Post a Comment