CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Spy Party Invitation

April is the busiest month of the year for us!  We have three birthdays in the span 6 days!  My nephew is April 18, mine is April 20 and my son's is April 23!  To add to the chaos, Easter was on the 24th!  We also have both sets of parents in town for the big events!  None the less, it is now the beginning of April and I am able to blog some of the projects I did for the "big events!" 

Austin is all about spies and wanted his kid birthday party to center around his love for mystery and disguise. We decided to do the party at our house, so we started planning.  I made these invitations for Austin to hand out.

Using the Cricut, I created the file folder using George and Basic Shapes.  I cut it out on cream paper and then inked the edges in brown for an aged look. I wrote "Top Secret" on the file tab.  I then used Indie Art and cut the bomb out of red paper and the shadow out of black.  I used a watermark pen and added the small red highlight on the left side of the bomb. I then added Diamond glaze to the explosion part of the bomb for some shine and dimension.  I had to create the magnifying glass using George again, combining a rounded corner rectangle and two circles! Lastly, I had my son apply his thumb print underneath the magnifying glass for the finishing touch!

Inside, I adhered the note that set the stage for the party inviting all the kids to come be trained as secret service agents.    The boys loved the invitations and it really helped the theme come alive!

2 comments:

  1. OH my gosh - how cool!!! WAS it so fun??

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an incredibly fun birthday theme and that invitation is too cute! I'm sure the kiddos loved it! I'm visiting my new DT friends! So excited to be working with you for Thankful Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete