CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Let Your Heart Lead You!

I had this great picture of my daughter being totally hyper before we went on the Polar Express (See the last blog entry) and I just knew I had to do something special with it!  I found this layout in an old CK magazine and thought it was perfect.  I used a piece of lightly flecked white paper and then used my gypsy to create a large heart from Gypsy Wanderings.  I used the Gypsy font to write "Let your heart lead you" and placed it on the heart just where I wanted it.  I then used a black marker and had the Cricut "write" the outline of the letters.  Once the letters were written (they were hollow) I replaced the blade and then had the heart cut.  Next I took a silver milky pen and colored in the letters to make it look sparkly.  I used a thing green ribbon with red accents and created a quick border, tying it around silver brads at each corner.  I let the heart overlap some of the border and the placed the picture of Maddie on.  I used another silver brad to adhere a wire embellishment that says "angel."  I placed what I thought was the perfect Suzy Zoo sticker of an angel to balance the photo and heart and added some journaling.  (The Suzy Zoo sticker was perfect because Maddie's nursery when she was tiny was decorated in Suzy Zoo!)

No comments:

Post a Comment