CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 2, 2011

Hang In There Card

I have a friend of mine at school who is going through a rough time and I kept thinking about making a card for her, but I wanted it to be upbeat and cheery!  I picked my daughter up from daycare and she had made the cutest art project by drawing vines and then adding monkeys using her thumbprints and brown ink pad!  It was really cute!  I decided to use the same idea and create this cute card!
Target had a box of envelopes and postcards in bright cards for $9.99 (I think!) and I needed the envelopes for Austin's invitations.  The package was great!  Envelopes and postcards in a variety of bright colors, with about 100+ in the box. It was quite the deal! 

The background of the card is actually a bright blue postcard from that package.  I cut the vine from Create a Critter at about 5 inches.  I then cut the monkey (Create a Critter) out of fuzzy brown and cream paper and then cut the shadow in black. I stuck him all together and then added googly eyes and a hand drawn face.  Lastly, I cut "hang in there" from Jubilee.  The letters were too small to get arranged, so I used the negative image instead and I really like how they turned out! 

I added 2 orange brads (1 actually covers a small tear in the green paper!  Never would have known, would you???)  and then added a chipboard patterned circle to replicate the sun.

Hope you like it!

2 comments:

  1. Great job covering a tear and using the negative since the letters are tiny. Great tips for the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH great idea Jen to use the negative!!! Sweet card - I'm sure it will lift her spirits!
    hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete