CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Little Boy Wall Hanging

While attending the CK Convention in Portland this year, I fell in love with Keller's Creations mini license plates. I have used the full sized ones for a wall hanging in our house, but as soon as I was the mini's I knew I needed a new project! I bought six of them and decided to use them to create a wall hanging for my nephew Landon's room.



I also puchased a package of cute blue and khaki patterned paper and matching buttons at Keller's Creations as well.  I used those as the jumping off point for the solid papers that came from my stash.  It was perfect because Landon's room is a nice shade of light blue!

I cut Landon's name out using Jubilee, creating a shadow and the overlay.  I inked the edges to make sure that it showed on similar colored paper.  Landon's room is decorated in robots, but I don't have a robot cartridge!  I used George (my favorite cart!) to create this cute robot.  I then slightly expanded the size of it to create a black shadow. I was inking the edges of the robot when I dropped my ink pad on the grey robot!  It was awful.  Luckily, I was able to ink over the entire robot to give it a "rusty look."  That was a quick save!  I added a few Keller's buttons with cream fiber tied through.   (Hint:  I used glue dots for the buttons and googly eyes so they wouldn't fall off!)  I inked the edges of everything in brown ink for a cohesive look!

I attached each license plate together with a blue shaded fibers.  I cut the duck from Create a Critter!  (My brother and I are HUGE Oregon Duck fans!)  A couple more googly eyes for character!  Each mini license plate has a few buttons on it to add continuity.

What little boy doesn't like milk?  I used this from Locker Talk and cut the first layer (the milk and carton) in white craft foam!!!  It made the milk look like it had real dimension.  I then popped up the center part of the red milk carton with pop dots and inked the edges of everything.  I used a White Milky Pen to write "Milk."

The dog is cut from the last few remnants of my brown fuzzy paper.  (I think it's from Every Day Paper Dolls.)  I used a brown pen to add the accents and then layered on a cute pink nose and googly eyes.  I inked the edges again!

The balloon was a simple cut, but I cut off the string that was attached and tied on a real cream fiber.  I then flocked the patterned orange paper with orange flock to add a little interest.

Lastly, I added a car from Every Day Paper Dolls.  I used black brads for the tires and added a details with black paper (pop dots behind the windows!) and a black pen for details.  Lastly, I added a cute fabric tag with a curly q on it to mimic the "exhaust."

Hope you enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Soo adorable!! I just love the font you used and the embellies!! You ROCK!!!

    Hugs,
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable! I love all the details! I'm sure they all loved this creation! I need to get myself some of those plates!

    ReplyDelete