CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Thankful Thursday Design Team--Mother's Day Project

Welcome to Thankful Thursday! This is my first project for the Design Team, so I am ultra excited!  The challenge this week was to create a project for Mother's Day!  Here is the project that I made with my two kids. 
I bought this SEI "Mother" shape book at the CK Convention a couple of years ago, planning, of course, to do a wonderful Mother's Day project!  Well, this was the year!  The book came pre-covered in the papers you see, so all I had to do was stick the O-rings on and then add embellishments, photos and journaling!

Here's the "cover" which is the letter M.  I added fibers in matching colors to the o-rings for some added flair.  I then typed out "Grand" on the computer and then tore it to fit diagonally on the M, since this book is for the "Grandmothers!"

I added torn paper sentiments through out the book, this "I love you" is on the back of the front cover.  I asked my kids questions about each grandma and put their answers in the correct book.  (I made two identical books, one for each grandma, but with different answers from my kids!)

Some pages the photos are diagonal, because I couldn't trim them small enough.  My daughter was instant that her entire body be in this photo, so the photo is rotated! :)

Here is a page (page T) with a photo and the torn paper answer.  It says "My favorite food at Grandma's house is her blueberry waffles. ~Maddie"  Each child answered the same question, so you can compare the answers!

 Here's the "H" page and my son's quote says "I love geocaching with my grandma."  By tearing the paper, it was quick and easy to make it fit!
Since I made two books, one for each grandma, I included one picture different in each book.  My mom received a picture of me with my daughter, while my mother-in-law received a book with a photo of my husband and my son. 

Example of quotes in the book.

Too cute, right?  The kids loved picking the pictures and answering the questions!  They were able to do most of the project with me and it went really quick!

We have an awesome prize this month, it's a Post-it prize pack!! Don't forget to head over to Crazy About Cricut http://crazyaboutcricut.blogspot.com%20and/  and enter your family project!





3 comments:

  1. Adorable!
    What a great gift for mom!
    TFS!
    Rock your craft!
    bobbi
    http://rockgirlcustomdesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This project is too cute! I love the personal quotes from the kids and I'm sure their grandmother's are going to cherish these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your book turned out really cute and the personal touches you added are perfect.

    ReplyDelete